Saturday, March 23, 2013

5 Steps for Easy Fitness


It’s hard to balance all of the responsibilities of being a college student. Between class, internships, and getting involved on campus there is little time for YOU! And let’s be honest, the first thing to fall to off the end of the to do list is exercise.

I’ll be the first to admit that I will use ANY excuse to avoid working out.

            “It’s too cold/rainy/windy outside.”

            “I walk around campus all day. That is plenty of exercise.”

            …and of course the classic, “I’m tired.”

At the end of the day when I’m getting ready for bed, do I regret not working out? Most days I don’t because I’m too tired to make a complete thought. It’s the next morning when I wake up tired and heavy that I wish I had put in the effort.

So today, let’s decide to wake up feeling better tomorrow. How, you ask?

 The Steps

  1. Buy a yoga mat. Nothing is less motivating than pressing your vertebrae against the hard floor crunch after crunch.
  2. Rope in your friends. Everything is easier when it’s a social activity. Plus it gives you a reason to spend time with people you might otherwise not get the time to see.
  3. Sign up for Groupon/Amazon Local. By signing up you can find deals for trying hot yoga, kickboxing, or Zumba. This makes working out with friends more fun and cheaper too!
  4. Join Pinterest. It’s full of motivational quotes, cool workout gear, and most importantly effective exercise routines. Here you can find the College Miss Fit Fitness board on Pinterest!
  5.  Take Advantage of College Classes. Many colleges and universities require that students take at least one athletic course. At my university it’s not required. However, it is free. If your school doesn’t offer free instructed classes or you don’t have room in your schedule do some research. Your school may still offer other services, such as gym access, for free. Oh and did I mention that it’s likely FREE. 
Now that you’re equipped with my tips and tricks get going! It’s never too late to start!


No comments:

Post a Comment